Personal training as a career
Most of our graduates are employed in gyms, health clubs, group fitness facilities, athletic training facilities, private studios, corporate wellness centers, boot camps, and/or contracted independently. Geographically, we have graduates working across the globe, from Boston to La to Rome. As an AAPT graduate, we want you to think of the world as your oyster, and it is our job to help you discover personal training opportunities wherever you land.
The demand for qualified, educated, and experienced fitness trainers continues to increase due to population growth and current trends in being mindful, fighting chronic disease, and improving overall health and wellness.
According to bls.gov, for the occupation of fitness trainers, Massachusetts ranked among the top 3 states for:
- The highest concentration of jobs, and
- The top paying states
With the industry growth rate projected to be 10% between 2016 and 2026, AAPT is here to prepare you for a rewarding and successful career in this thriving industry!
How Do I Get My Personal Trainer Certification?
AAPT will guide you through the process to make you an excellent trainer. Our extensive classes and programs use committed professionals to empower you with knowledge to be certified as a personal trainer. AAPT’s teaching environment is demanding yet collaborative. AAPT-certified trainers know that movement is their mission and vow to provide science-based fitness lessons to any who are interested. Their steps are:
- High School Degree: Certification bodies typically need students to have completed a high school diploma or an equivalent – this minimum education requirement is essential.
- CPR Certification: Almost every national training certification body requires a CPR certification – this informs trainers how to tell when a client has a medical emergency.
- Pick a Fitness Specialty: Trainers choose specializations to best fit their skill sets, personal interests, and career goals.
- Practice and Pass CPT Certification: Once you have prepared for the CPT exam, you must register for and pass your test. After this you are CPT certified, which qualifies you for a variety of job opportunities in different fitness environments.
American Personal Training Certification – Boston
AAPT’s curriculum goes past today’s industry standards. We teach our students how to train while building a base of programming and fitness science; this allows students to work personally for each client, no matter the setting, with a top personal training certification.
Your Success Is Our Business
We are renowned for the quality of our trainers and our scientific precision as one of the best personal training certification programs.
AAPT is acclaimed for the skill of our trainers and the scientific accuracy of our personal training certification academy.
AAPT’s courses are carefully selected from expansive scientific research. Highly renowned fitness experts oversee our national personal training certification policies and partnerships.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Fitness